- focus on what you really want to do, don’t waste time in 500 directions
- ask, you don’t know how much you can do just by asking
- you will be shitty at first, just do a bunch of work and get better
- you are not smarter than the audience, you write for the audience
- idea phase vs. execution phase – don’t let them intertwine
- write down all ideas and select what are you going o execute
- cultivate good friendships
- test, test, test – all the ideas you have need too be tested
- if you want to be taken seriously, take yourself seriously
- if you overwrite, it is a sign you have not hit it yet – trim, trim, trim
- be able to get peoples attention and then be able to back it up
- be what you want to be. If you want to write, write. Stay around writers!
- if you want to do it, do it. No one cares about you. No one wonders where you are or what have you done
- enjoy where you are, enjoy what you do, because things always change
You can listen to the interview here.
You can follow B.J. here.